May 27, 2010

How I met Mr. Hill: Edition 2

Lauren Lust marched me up to the front door of the Lone Star Verde while I was still holding my large vanilla dr.  pepper from Sonic.   I was also wearing a dr. pepper t-shirt from Urban Outfitters and my old worn out Abercrombie jeans.    Please note: this was the same outfit I wore the last time I was at the Verde, which of course was a crime of humanity.

So, Lauren is marching me up to the front door all the while I am complaining and resisting because we were not invited.   I was not a boy chaser.   I did not go places uninvited.   I did not walk into a boys house just to say.

Then the front door was pulled open and there Chris Hill was sitting on the couch in a green John Deere shirt playing Madden on PlayStation.     The neck of his shirt had been stretched out a little so I could see some chest hair peeking out ---- and I thought this was totally sexy.

I was smitten like I had just seen Brad Pitt, and as far as I was concerned I had.

I sat down on the couch across from Chris and Lauren sat next to me.   I believe Wes and Matt were also there. At first we were all in the room together talking.    Then all of the sudden Chris scooted over closer to me.  My heart sank and started beating really fast.   All of the sudden Chris and  I began having our own conversation, and all of the sudden we were the only two in the room.

Chris was talking a lot -- and I was glad because I had been rendered speechless and light headed. You see that previous summer I had sat my Cowboy Daddy down and handed him my list of requirements for my future husband.   He agreed to the terms and signed off on it.   As I sat there on the couch, and while Chris was talking,  God slowly took me through that list and checked off each item.   I kept thinking WHAT IS GOD DOING.  I am SINGLE.  I want to be SINGLE.  But this man is so incredible.  

You see I had never met a person who I was both intellectually attracted to and physically attracted to -- who also loved Jesus with his whole heart.

Chris was:
1. A Cowboy
2. Radically loved Jesus but was not weird
3. Loved business
4. Had also lived in a different country
5. His dad also owned a business
6. Believed in excellence
7. Was raised with on the same principles as me
8.  Grew up going to the same kind of church as me
9.  A Cowboy :)
10. Had chest hair
11. Was really, really, really TALL
12. Had shoulders that were as wide as I am tall
13. Had deep blue eyes
14. Had dark curly hair
15. Had vision
16. Was so attractive that I could barely stand to sit on the couch talking to him

We talked for three hours straight, about everything.   Our hopes, our dreams, our previous relationships, everything.   I just sat there thinking, "God what are you doing?".

Then Lauren came back out and we started walking to the car, and before we got in  it she looked at me and said "You are going marry him".  I told her that I was not and there was no way she could know that.

But in my heart of hearts I knew that I had just met my future husband.

And that was just beginning .......

No comments: