May 6, 2010

Fear.Less and Making.It

I subscribe to Seth Godin's blog.  Today he talked about mirco magazines and the future of media.

(I have really begin to love all things which relate to: media, branding, and marketing)

A micro magazine he highlighted is a brand new one called  fear.less.   Which is basically about overcoming all kinds of fear.

The edition that I downloaded is about a famous photographer who shares his insights on overcoming fears and transforming what our generation thinks about "making it" in life.    His first story is about going to a legendary photographer Julius Shulman when he was about 100 years old.   Platon asks the old photographer if he has any advice for him.   The old man replies and says life is not about "making it" it is about enjoying the journey and enjoying every single step of the way.

I realize that all of us have been told this at some point in our life, but today this really spoke to me because I have definitely not made it and I am definitely still on the journey.    After you go through all of your years of education and then enter the working world there is a part of our culture that whispers to us that "we have made it".   While we are all thinking is this really it?  The great thing is that this is just the beginning and God really wants you to get excited about what He has for us today.  Our childhood and education just built a really great foundation on which our journey can take place.

I have to tell you that I really needed the encouragement and inspiration from this little micro mag today.   My journey needed a swift kick in the pants.


Jess

2 comments:

ishita Gupta said...

Hey Jessica,

thanks so much for the support for fear.less magazine. grateful you chose to share it with your community and you're right, it IS all about the journey and what we choose to make it. i hope you were able to download the entire magazine and not just that one story (there are 5 more wonderful ones) to see in the new issue. All my best Jessica, and thanks again for your fear.less love.
ishita

Jessica said...

Ishita,

Thank you for commenting on the blog. In fact I just downloaded the rest of the articles and I cannot wait to read them. I love what y'all are doing. It is new and I cannot wait to see impact it will have on so many different people.

Jess