Sep 29, 2008

Surrender

Is it possible that sometimes we can get so caught up in desiring to do God's will for our life that our destiny and what "we are designed to do" can sometimes take a lead on our priority list, maybe even surpassing God himself?

I realized this morning that I can sometimes do this. This is not something I like to admit at all, but I have learned that the quicker you squish your pride the less your pride can hurt you.

God is so willing to bless us. He wants to bless us more than we can even imagine. Sometimes, though I think our blessings can get in the way of our relationship with God. I have to remind myself that knowing God is so much more important than anything in the whole world - even what He blesses me with. God wants to be known, He wants to show himself to us, He wants to engage in an awesome and dynamic relationship with us that is real and life changing.

So, today I surrender to God everything that I hold important in my life. In all my searches of what He wants me to do and what step I should take next; I am holding Him above all else. I want Him to know that I hold Him first in my life. He is more important than what He has called me to do.

Surrender

No comments: