Sep 22, 2008

Peace is where His presence is

Randy Olive told Chris and I this when he and Ellen told us they were going to start Monologue Culture http://www.monologueculture.com- which is a ministry focused on developing a strong and healthy family dynamic.

This thought helped me out today as I continued in my weekly routine of grocery shopping, seeking the Lord, cleaning, and attempting to creatively decorate. In all of these activities my heart is seeking Jesus for what He has called me to do. In a sense I know the big picture of what He has called me to do, but it is the next step of this call that I am unsure of. Patience is not something that I am extremely good at, and being patient is what God is calling me to do. He has me in a place of just simply waiting, learning, and leaning on Him - experiencing the deepness of His love for me. Some might think "Well, Jess this is simply an awesome place to be...", but you must realize that this also requires me being still. Learning to lean on and experience His love, for the moment, is requiring me to be still and to be satisfied where He has me. I feel totally humbled and my flesh wants to move forward in any direction than where I am now. I want desperately to live the life God has called me live - even at the expense of my flesh being humbled.

So I have peace where I am even though I want to see if I can find peace else where. Randy's words rang loudly in my heart today as I realized that God's presence is where I am now. So it is here that I will stay until God's peace moves me elsewhere.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for listening and taking this to heart! This token of truth was such a blessing to us as well! I love you!