Sep 23, 2008

Updates and Besties

About a week or so I wrote about lots of things that were changing in Chris and I's life. So I just wanted to update ya'll that God is keeping us where we are at and is not changing us in the physical sense, although He is personally changing me everyday.

We thought that we might be moving to Midland, TX because of Chris's job. Chris is an extremely brilliant and excellent oilman and so everyone wants him to come work for them. Chris's current bosses did not want to give up Chris to "them" and told "them" that they will keep him because he is too valuable. So "We" shall stay in Houston.

This will mark our third attempt to move to another city in Texas other than Houston. This will also mark the third time God has kept us in Houston. This will also mark us taking the hint and really settling down and putting our roots down. I have to be honest that my nesting nature is glad that I can finally, really, and truly NEST in my beloved Houston.

I lived in Aberdeen, Scotland during elementary school or primary school as they call it. While being in that beautiful country, which has the best cookies in the world, my heart yearned and longed for Texas and for Houston. I longed for Mexican food and to see men who wear cowboy boots. So, needless to say - WHOOP - we are staying in Houston - which outside of San Antonio has the best Mexican food within the continental United States - and a lot of men, including my husband, wear cowboy boots.

:)

This morning I was walking in circles around our apartment complex talking to Shaina who is a "bestie". First I would like to say that I love walking outside because I feel like God speaks to me best outside, and I have ended up just walking around our apartment complex because I have not found a better place around here. Second - Shaina is awesome and I love that God gives us friends who can tell us what's up. So I poured my heart out to her this morning...

We were both talking about looking for jobs. Due to the economy there are not a lot of awesome jobs out there right now, but also both of us are not totally positive what we want to do so nothing really looks appealing. During this conversation I asked her if she could do anything in the world what would she do? Then she asked me the same thing - and I realized that God has positioned me in life so that I can do what I really want to do - and that is to write.

My freshman year of college God told me to write a book. So even though I feel totally unqualified, I am going to write this book. I am going to obey because I know that if I don't God will give the book to someone else and He will not give me another assignment.

Like I wrote yesterday - His peace is where His presence is - and that is where we are supposed to be too!

4 comments:

Daniel W said...

plans change.

and plans that are non-plans change.


and change is ok, in some times.


nice blogs.


nice hearts.

Unknown said...

First, miss yall.
Second, love the blog.
Third, yes San Antonio has some pretty excellent Mexicana food!
Fourth, hope to come visit soon!

Chance said...

First off you should totally write a book. That would be amazing! Much respect there. Secondly I have to argue with you and Chris. Austin Has the second best Mexican food in Texas, second of course to San Antonio.

Daniel W said...

why doesn't joan allow access to her profile, so i can read her blog??? come on joan. why blog if no one reads???!!!