Sep 3, 2008

Antropologie

Work....

Some of you might be thinking - "Jess, finally....",

I started working at Anthropologie today as an "Associate". I think that I will really love it and I trust the Lord as some plan for me there.

So in reference to work and "Anthro" in my life, I want to talk about passion and living out what you are called to do. This thought process is what led me to start working at Anthropologie, which I realize might seem to be a little random, but I decided not to settle for a boring desk job where I sit in front of a computer all day long. I also realize that it might seem a little ironic for me to use the word settle in reference to retail, but you must realize this is not about retail but about what you are passionate about and following God in His leadership of your life. Honestly, working at Anthropologie does not make complete sense to me either, but I truly know and believe that God has me working here for a reason because I have complete peace about it.

Continuing on the topic of passion, I want to encourage everyone who reads this that God has called them to live their life passionately. Work is something that we are called to do, work is something that God can gift us to do. In fact all of us have skills, talents, desires, and passion that all feed into what God has called and destined us to be - in other words all these things certainly facilitate our word or career in life. So, if you were or are like me and trying to figure out what God has called you too, or are looking at everything you love in life and wondering how it all fits together. Then step out at take a risk and do something that moves towards those passions and desires. Everyone is completely different and are called to do completely different things. One person's nightmare is another persons dream. So do not let anyone discourage you about what you love and are passionate about!

So my goal at Antro - to learn everything, to be an incredible employee, to seek every opportunity to let Jesus shine through me, to be inspired, to be creative, and every day work as if I am working for Jesus himself.

2 comments:

k-love said...

awesome jayj! i'm proud of you, little mrs. hill! love you...kristi

The Martins said...

I am so excited for you! my favorite place to shop!