Apr 7, 2010

Super Woman Wifie Mama: Edition 1

Hi all :)

Hope all is well in your world.   Can you believe we are this far into 2010?  It is absolutely crazy but also a lot of fun.

Remember this post where I first talked about being a Super Woman Wifie Mama who looks good in a bikini?  Well, I just wanted to update all of you on my findings of how to be a SWWM.   Please be warned that this might be a long list.

I ended my last post with this: Being a SWWM - that looks good in a bikini requires discipline, self-sacrifice, and balance. AND A WHOLE LOT OF LEARNING - and probably a whole lot of mentorship.


I wrote that last post and then set out on a journey to figure all of this out.   The very first thing I did was to pray and ask God for guidance because I was completely overwhelmed and had absolutely no energy to do it on my own.   

  1. The first thing God did was to provide with me with two girls to keep me accountable with my workouts.  Julie Prothro started a star system where you get to give yourself a gold star on a google spreadsheet every day you work out.    The days you do not work out, you get a black FAIL.   Out of all of the things in the world this has actually gotten me into the habit of working out between 3 and 5 times a week.   This is truly a miracle for me and has increased my energy 100 fold.
  2. The second thing God did for me was to help me find Jillian Michael's book Master Your Metabolism.   This book has completely changed my life.  For the first time I beginning to really understand nutrition and the proper way to eat.   Jillian recommends eating whole and organic foods.   Her motto is if it comes from the ground or had a mother then EAT IT.  Jillian reveals all the chemicals and toxins that are in processed foods and what they do your body.   It is a complete wake up call.   Chris and I have cleaned out our refrigerator and pantry and are well into a month and half of eating better.   Our most favorite salsa ended up having MSG in it -- which was totally heartbreaking --- but we still threw it out.   My energy has increased even more since we have started eating better.   Eating whole makes me want to work out, clean, and do things that I used to have to force myself to do.   I just simply feel better inside and out.   I have not had a diet dr. pepper in two weeks.  I do not even crave stuff like that anymore.   
  3. The third thing God did for me was introduce me to Costco.   My Mom prays with a woman in the neighborhood who does everything totally organically and who also shops at Costco.  The day my mom told her that I was going organic and everything I had read the lady had all this fabulous advice for us.   Costco sells TONS of organic food:  fruit, vegetables, eggs, milk, orange juice, salsa, granola bars galore,  snacks, chips, french fries, frozen fruit, beef, and chicken.  IT IS AWESOME --- and it is has made eating healthy more affordable and doable.   We also order Dirtys Chips for Chris's lunch.  They are totally natural potato chips the we began eating just because they taste good.  Did you know Doritos have tons and tons of MSG added to them?  MSG is absolutely horrible - read about it here.  Giada even started eating Taste of Wild dog food.
  4. The fourth thing God did for me was introduce me to Melaleuca products.   Seven years ago my Mom started ordering Melaleuca products which are naturally based cleaning products, toiletries, snacks, and even Nicole Miller makeup.   The cleaning products are incredible and I love them.  I am crazy about my kitchen being bacteria free because I am afraid of infecting people with salmonella.   Melaleuca has a disinfectant made from lemon and tyme that is so effective that it kills H1N1.  The great thing is you can use it of food surfaces and it is not harmful at ALL.  In fact about two months ago Giada ate some of my mom's disinfectant spray and she did not have to go the hospital because it was safe!  I have always ordered from my Mom but about two weeks ago I decided to go ahead and sign up to be a preferred customer myself so I could just order off the website.  Well last week I got my first box of products -- and I LOVE THEM.  I want to shout it from the roof tops - seriously.  If you are interested in learning about them or how to order them yourself -- just ask me! It is worth it!  Especially when you realize all the junk that is in the stuff in the grocery stores.
  5. The fifth thing is: I am taking the Vitamins that Melaleuca offers which have a patented formula that attaches the minerals to proteins so the absorption rate is 10x that of regular vitamins.   Last weekend I worked out more, cleaned more, and accomplished more than I ever do.  I never thought one thing about it until Sunday night when I realized that it was because I am taking these vitamins.   When something works you roll with it and tell everyone you can!
All of these things have helped me to become more disciplined, have more energy, and feel like I can start taking more things on in my day.  The reason I am on this quest to becoming a SWWM is because Chris and I want to have enough energy and time to invest in people's lives, and if I cannot get all my stuff straight then we cannot do that.   I am not there yet but I am getting there quickly.    :)

For people out there who need help meal planning I have this little notepad that really helped me learn how to organize meals and my shopping list.  You list out every meal you want to make:  breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner.  Then on the back I write out my grocery list from the meals I want to make. Then I have it as reference in the grocery store and for the rest of the week.   It is awesome.  It works for me.

Until the next edition of SWWM  :)




Jess

1 comment:

prothro said...

I should make a SWMM chart next and give you a gold star! Proud of you. You;ll have to tell me more about this organic business. I'm not sold yet. :)