Apr 8, 2010

SHFP: The Ellis Island

Top of the morning to ya'

It is time for another edition of Shameless Hill Family Promotions ....

Enter cheesy music.

One of my best friends from junior high / high school and her husband Adam are moving to Connecticut. In fact Adam has already moved to Connecticut and Kelley is here finishing out the school year as the most awesome Calculus teacher Cy-Creek has ever seen.

To say that I am heart broken that they are moving does not even cover it.   Chris and I love them both.   Adam even let Chris live with him when we graduated from College and before we got married.   It was awesome because Kelley and I actually got to see each other.

I met Kelley in 6th grade through Angela who was my very first friend in public school.  It just so happened that Angela and Kelley happened to be best friends for life forever in all eternity, so much so that to this day they are both teachers at the same high school.   There are a lot of stories about how all of our friendships evolved over time throughout junior high and high school.  Enough to fill several blogs.   Laura is also one of our really good friends back from the good ole' days, and now after college we are all accountability and prayer partners.   We are also Mexican food, pizza, wine, and shopping partners. :)

The one point I would like to make is that in high school Kelley and I NEVER EVER dated guys in the same group.   This caused a little tension when it came time to hang out with people on the weekend because of our different taste and preferences in boys.    But, when it came time to choose husbands Kelley and I probably could not have picked men more alike.

We both picked 6 foot 5 basketball playing, finance majors, BYX group members, Texas A&M Aggies. We both happened to work at Conoco Phillips right out of college.    Kelley and I are also 5 foot two with brown hair.   We both also have German Short Hair puppies that we love desperately named Jaida and Giada.   Weird?   Maybe ..... I think I am going to stop with the likenesses.   Although I will mention that the four of us also love grass fed beef and really good red wines.

Ok, ok, ok .... Now on to my SHFP:  The Ellis's started blogging and pigs are flying.   They are moving up to the NE where Texans are scarce and so is the BBQ.

Please check out their new blog: The Ellis Island



Jess

No comments: