Feb 4, 2010

Teenagers

My parents went to Colorado Springs this week on business and for ministry purposes.

They also got to eat dinner with my best friend Shaina Bear Landry and her husband Bobby who both live and work in Colorado.  I was very jealous.  I still am jealous.   

This week I got the "honor" of feeding my two teenage brothers for the week.  Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Please note "feeding" was my one responsibility.  Not caring, talking, loving, engaging, hanging, or any other type of interaction that might happen in a relationship.

Since we live in the barn it was really not too inconvenient for any of us.  I just had to go over to the big house in the morning to make their breakfasts and lunches.  In the evenings they just had to walk over to the barn for dinner.   

I had to undergo rigorous sandwich training with my Mom, so that their sandwiches could be made to perfection as if Mom had actually made them.  I also had to remember exactly which chips, candy, fruit, and beef jerky went in each lunch.    As well as remember what each one eats for breakfast in the morning.   

It was this week where I remembered how cool teenagers are.  NOT.   How nice and friendly and talkative they are.  NOT.  How appreciative and sweet they are.  NOT.  

I cannot wait to have lots of teenagers running around in my house one day!  

( I will give Jeremy some props for always saying thank you and always putting his dishes away ).

No comments: