Feb 24, 2010

:::Something is New:::


Good morning everyone,

Welcome to the new Top of the Hills blog designed by Marina of Penny Lane Designs.   She is awesome and great to work with!  I highly reccommend her for any design project!

I actually found her on the internet about a year and 8 months ago when I first discovered the world of blogging, and we just now decided that we needed our very own design!

I feel like there is a lot to share with y'all since we have not blogged in awhile, so you might get several posts today!

Yesterday was a big day out here in the barn.   It snowed from about 4:30 until 7:30 last night, and from 4:30-5:30 the snowflakes were about the size of quarters.   It was almost like big snowballs were just falling out of the sky.   Giada was going crazy running around like a cheetah and eat snowflakes out of the air.

During my lunch break yesterday I went in to our local Tuesday Morning out here in Tomball, it is conventiently located behind our Pawn Shop.   While I was shopping I ventured down the cookware isle and out of the corner of my eye I saw a Le Creuset box and nearly fell over backwards.

  I have been wanting one of these enameled cast iron pots for months.  So much so that I have entered contests on blogs to see if I can win one, and I even bought a fake one at Sam's for twenty bucks that we fondly call our Le Members Mark.

Back to me nearly falling over backwards in Tuesday Morning -- they had about ten pots of various sizes sitting right there on the self.  I took a quick peek at the prices and my heart skipped several beats.    They were more than half off -- which is AWESOME because they are SUPER expensive.   But I did not buy one.

Instead I went back to the office and instant messeged Chris on the computer to tell him about my find.  At which point he, knowing how much I have wanted one of these things, instantly instructed me to go back to the store and get one.  SO I DID AND I WAS SO EXCITED

I realize this may be super boring to you, but it was like getting super bowl tickets for me.  It will probably be super boring for you until I cook you something in it, and then you will have to tell me how awesome it is.  :)

Then when we left work my Mom went to Tuesday Mornings and got one too, and the lady told us that the pots have been sitting there since November. NOVEMBER.  No one knows what they are in Tomball.  For this I was glad.

Well I am off to go fix Chris his breakfast and walk him out to the car.  Hope y'all have an awesome day!

Jess

2 comments:

prothro said...

Love the new blog! I love Marina too! I didn't know she did blog designs now. How great!

Jessica said...

I got a Le Creuset for Christmas! You will looove it!