Jan 31, 2010

The Master's Voice

Frustrated.  Weary.  Upset.  Tired.
Describe the way you feel about your job, relationship, or current place in life?
Oh, there is no shame in that!  Shame comes from one place, and that is certainly not from our Heavenly Father.
For whatever reason, I feel like the Lord is going to lead some people to this post that would say, "Yes, one of those words perfectly describes my emotion at the moment."


I have something very wonderful to tell you.  There is a Voice that removes that emotion from this place in your life.


Don't think for one second that Jesus doesn't long desperately to speak directly to you this morning.  He promises us that His sheep hear and know His voice.


Here is what to do.
-Go to a place that suits you for having a quiet conversation with a friend.  Your room, a coffee shop, a porch.
-Take a notebook and a pen or your laptop.  You will need to write.
-Praise the Lord.  We enter into His presence with thanksgiving and praise.
-When you feel Him surround you, begin to write or type out your questions, emotions, and thoughts down with Him there.  Ask him to speak to you.
-At some point, you'll notice that it's not just you that is writing.  Your questions will start to have answers surface in your thoughts.  You will write something out that speaks directly into your situation that you never would've thought of on your own.


This very morning, I needed encouragement.  I was feeling weary this morning of the place that I am in.


I began the process.  I began to type on my computer, "Lord, I long for your Presence to come and bring peace and encouragement into my heart and sole."  It was funny.  I typed "sole" when I had intended to type "soul".  I wasn't sure why, but I felt like I should just leave it.


I typed for a while longer, and the Lord reminded me of a word that I had received at church.  I felt like I was supposed to go back and listen to it.  I did.  I had forgotten a lot of what the Lord had said in that Word.


I listened to the cd of the word, and there was a section of the word that was totally devoted to my feet.  "The sole of your foot."  That particular section of the word happened to be exactly what I needed to hear this morning.  It was perfect.  It was my Jesus, right when I needed Him, reminding me that He was with me and knows exactly where I am in His plan and purpose for my life.


See, you are not alone.  Struggle is a part of our Christian life (just ask any pastor or read the lives of the Disciples), but we have a Master of our walk who longs to speak life and encouragement to us.


Will you listen for His voice this morning?  Will you hear his words over you?  (His song over you?  He is your Heavenly Father, who sings over you too.)


[If you get blessed by this, bless us back with your story.  Jess and I love stories, and your story might encourage someone else.  Shoot us an email]
Email Jess 
Email Mr. Hill