Aug 31, 2009

Comfort

Warning - this is Jessica being vulnerable.

Today I went to the girl doctor - ya know, which is normal for all us women folk. But, I went because I thought something was wrong with me (don't worry I am a perfectly healthy girl and everything is great ).

Now the devil has been trying to convince me that something was wrong with me for quite a long time - using just normal every day stuff and a little bit of ignorance regarding what is normal and not normal. Fear. That is exactly what happened. Fear. Satan used a little tiny "what if" "maybe" thought and turned it into fear that totally stressed me out. It is amazing how sneaky fear can be. There is a fine line of paying attention to things that need attention and just flat out submitting all crazy thoughts to Christ - all thoughts should be submitted anyways, but you know what I mean. Bottom line is I let a little thought and worry turn into some big crazy fear that was subconsciously stressing me out.

I went to the doctor, knowing I was probably just fine, but I needed some confirmation. As I sat there in the cold room waiting all by myself I could feel my nerves start to kick in. So, I just started to pray and I asked the Lord to just do something for me! In walks a beautiful blond nurse - not my usual Physicians Assistant. She was like an angel. She was new and has had tons and tons of experience and was simply a gift from heaven. She made me feel 100% better and answered all my questions and settled all my fears. I just sat there and cried on the table. Cried and cried and cried - and then cried some more after I got in the car. They were tears of relief and comfort that God sent somebody that I could totally relate to and could answer questions and tell me that everything is ok. Even if it was kind of silly.

Some of you may be wondering why in the world are you sharing this for everyone to see? Well, I am sharing this because satan wants us to stay in isolation so that we all feel like we are the only ones that stuff like this happens to. God wants to bring us all comfort, and sometimes we just need to ask for it. God definitely does not want us to suffer alone - even if we submit to a silly fear. Satan wants us to never tell anyone so he can make it even worse. So - I am telling you today to do something about it if satan is tying you all up in knots over something and you just need God to provide some comfort. Comfort comes in all different ways. God can work in anyway that you need him to.

All I am saying is you are NOT alone - whatever it is that you are dealing with. You have Jesus and the body of Christ - which also can just be a really good friend.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Thanks Jess for the words, I really liked your post. It was very comforting! :)