Nov 7, 2009

The Little Joys of Cooler Weather...

Finally, it seems that the (rather obnoxious) days of 90+ degree October days in Houston have gone by the wayside, and we are actually moving into fall.  All week I've walked outside to my car in the morning to forty degree temps that turn into seventies through the day.  Who doesn't love that?

My goodness I am excited.  So many fun things get to start now!

Some of my favorites:



Drinking good coffee all day long...
You just can't do it during the hot Texas summers,
but drinking coffee all day on a Saturday when it's cold out
is so nice.  (Having a cute wifey to snuggle with
doesn't hurt either. ;) )






House Shoes.

I would like to think that I was somewhat famous in college for my love of the house shoes.  I love coming home from work when it's cold and slipping on my comfy house shoes.

I've had the tan pair all the way through college - literally had to wrestle Wes one time for them.

The darker pair are my "Nice Old Man" house shoes. (They are sort of a source of major pride.)  Jess got them for me last year for Christmas, and they are so nice.

LOOK - if you are a man and don't have a nice pair of house shoes, you are missing out in life.  LL Bean and Land's End have some great ones.



North Face Jackets.

Let's face it, Stuff White People Like hits the nail on the head with this post.

I watched other people bust out their North Face jackets for years before wising up and buying my own Apex Bionic jacket last year.

Waiting before investing in one of these great jackets was an EPIC FAIL.
Pricey?  Yes.  Worth every penny?  You betcha.


As a conclusionary statement to this post, I must relay the Hill family's sincere and heartfelt apologies to Mrs. Theresa Whitney, mother of our dearest friend, Wesley.  


Theresa, you have likely checked our blog unfruitfully 17 times since our last post.  We think that you probably know this already, but we love you to death and think that your son is one of the best things to come about since sliced bread.


Say hi to Big Stan for us.  


Mr. Hill


2 comments:

prothro said...

please tell me that is your coffee cup. i could just you carrying it around while wearing house shoes.

Mr. Hill said...

They are Jess's Port Marion coffee mugs.

I love them unashamedly. They hold a ton of coffee, and the taper toward the top, keeping it much warmer that other cups.

My wife has taught me many wonderful things. :)