Jun 19, 2009

:::Things To Share:::

Happy Friday to all:

Chris and I have much to update you on; in fact we have been keeping many lists of things we need to blog about - but then losing them and forgetting all the fun and interesting things we wanted to tell you about! Most importantly being our first year anniversary trip to Austin, which was AWESOME, we will definitely be update you all on that this weekend!

For this Friday though - I wanted to just leave you with some interesting links to recipes, music videos, and a business presentation that I feel are all very interesting and very necessary for your life :) ......... also giving you more insight into me, in a funny way!

First: I absolutely LOVE Taylor Swift, never before in my life have I loved an artist like I love Taylor. When I was in Jr. High I was totally too insecure to have favorites .... so now that I have matured into a married woman I now have the freedom love all things silly. So I present you with this here video: T Swizzle

Second: Revealing some of my dorkiness..... When I was a sophomore in College and Chris and I had just met and were becoming friends, I attended his International Finance class with him with Dr. Karry who had also taught Chris's Dad, Todd, in grad school. Chris invited me to come because he wanted to flirt with me in class, I mean I went for that reason too, but I LOVED what the class was about! I was totally starved of all things business related over at the Liberal Arts school and had no idea what I was missing .... needless to say .... Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of my first semester of my sophomore year I would skip lunch after my three classes and hop on the bus over to the business school and sit in the third row with Chris and listen intently. All this to explain why I love the following presentation that I think everyone should watch .... now matter what you do in life or what you are interested in: Simply Interesting

Third: Two recipes that I have Made lately that I feel I must share
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
Cake Part - do not use the icing recipe use the one below
Icing Part - These are fantastic cupcakes that I have made before and love,
but the icing is really fantastic on red velvet cake so use this recipe
instead!
Orzo Stuffed Peppers (Super Yummy)
Peppers - I use Italian Turkey Sausage in the filling in order to make it a meal.
Just cut the casings open and put it in a pan and cook!

Red Velvet Cake Story: I LOVE LOVE LOVE red velvet cake. I don't remember when I first had it or why I love it so much, but it is my absolute favorite! So naturally I really wanted red velvet cake for my wedding cake, but after thinking what it would look like to be at a wedding and cut into the cake and it be RED we opted for white. But, I asked the cake lady to make the top tier of the cake Red Velvet, ya know the part you freeze and then eat on your one year wedding anniversary. So, when the time was right I took the cake out of the freezer and let it thaw, and then I gathered the family around to watch me cut the cake. So imagine a hyper excited situation - really excited about red velvet - as I cut into the cake I realize it is PLAIN WHITE NORMAL cake and the utter disappointment ensues and it was HORRIBLE. So, instead of letting in ruin the moment the next day I made a red velvet cake (my first try at it) and it turned out absolutely AWESOME! I totally suggest that you all make the above recipe, it is absolutely delicious!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend, be looking for more posts soon!

Much love :)

No comments: