Jun 19, 2009

UFC: Undisputed 2009 Hill family style.

So, you should know, this is partially out of left field but it is a blog about a truly momentous occaision in my little Wife's life.

So, ever since Jess and I were friends, she has been trying to wrestle me.

She has wanted to take me out. She would get excited sometimes, run full speed into me with her little 5'2" frame and bounce right off. Now, I must say, she has hurt me several times via an accidental elbow or foot to the nose, face, manhood, etc; but she has never had a true "takedown" moment.

You see, this whole thing started when her friend Kelley Ellis (then Samu) came to Aggieland for a little visit to meet this new guy, Chris. (Jess clearly had to get "bestie" approval of her new "friend") I had long heard heralding stories of wrestling battles past between Kelley, Jess, and other boys.

I clearly had to prove my wrestling mettle.

Kelley came, Jess trash talked, and it was on. We proceeded to have the wrestling throwdown of the ages in (where else?) the Chi-O meeting room! It was awesome. Fact of the matter is, I owned their faces. It was total Hill domination. Time after time, I pinned and tickled the ever living crap out of the two. It was so much fun. We laughed so hard that night. Kelley approved, and the rest is (as they say) history.


Fast forward through 3 and a half years. There have been many more Jordan/Hill wrestling and tickle matches, but my poor Little Honey has not ever had her moment of takedown glory. I mean, I am (after all) a rather large person.

(Small, yet relevant, rabbitt trail) - I got a new game a couple of weeks ago for my PS3 called UFC 2009: Undisputed. Basically, it is a super cool mixed martial arts, boy game. Picture wrestling, fighting, and testerone mixed all together into a video game that my poor wife finds totally ridiculous.

...back to the main trail...

Saturday of our anniversary, we wake up and get coffe. We're kind of watching tv, hanging out, and about to start getting ready to go to Anthro (which Jess is super pumped about).

I am standing next to the bed about to start getting ready. Jess sneaks up behind me in her "Little Honey" fashion for what I think is going to be a loving hug from behind. I lift my arms to reach back behind me and hug her.

I guess I should've thought through this moment a little more. I guess I should've known that she'd been watching me play UFC and learning some new moves. I guess I should've remembered that my little wife is sneaky and silly....but I didn't.

She proceeded to grab me around the waist put her right foot in front to trip me and pushed off the wall behind her with her left leg:

Shock. Disbelief. Admittedly, some serious awe. My wife had performed a perfect trip takedown.

I wonder what she'll try and pull for our second anniversary.

Mr. Hill

No comments: