May 9, 2009

Red Couch, Brown Couch

Chris and I have a brown couch and a red couch.


The brown couch is a full sized couch. The red couch is a love seat that I have had since I was in 8th grade.

Chris has decided that the brown couch is no longer good enough to sit on. So we sit on the red couch.

We get up in the mornings. We get our coffee in matching mugs. We get our bibles and we sit on the red couch and have quiet times together.. We come home from work and we sit on the red couch. We fold laundry while we sit on the red couch. We watch House, American Idol, Fringe, 30 Rock, The Hills, and the Giada De Laurentis show while sitting on the red couch.

The brown couch has been abandoned.

Chris is extremely large and we sit on the smallest couch. It just now occurred to me that I can choose to go sit on the brown couch even though it has been abandoned by my husband. So I am writing this here blog on the brown couch.

Take that red couch.

All this to say is we get to move into our new house next weekend. We get to get new couches. The brown couch will be gifted to Chris's sister. The red couch will go in the study. And the new couches will start out on an even playing ground - and we will enforce the equal opportunity act of 2009 stating that all couches must be treated equally by all members of the Hill family.

No comments: