Apr 29, 2009

Sometimes I like to pretend I am a race car driver

I have about a 30 - 40 min commute to a from work everyday. Of which 90% of my time is spent on major high ways. Over time I have adapted to the fast reactions needed to drive aggressively at high speeds. When I was 16 my dad bought me a little black BMW Z3 that was amanual which really laid the foundation for the driver that I am today. Couple all of these small facts with the fact that my Mom is a crazy speed demon herself ( she would take that as a compliment ), and you get Jessica driving to and from work everyday in a white SUV with music blaring, one hand on the steering wheel, sunglasses on, skirting in between cars developing the quickest and fastest route down the beltway.

It is fantastic.

And everyday while I am on the over passes I imagine that I am on the last curve of a race gaining that ever so important last little bit of centripetal force to sling me forward to the finish line - beating all of the other cars.

Then I arrive at the office - already satisfied with my accomplishments for the day - I take off my sunglasses and walk inside - and no one knows that I was just named Champion of the Beltway and 249 that day. - but the minivan I passed back at 1960 sure does know!

1 comment:

prothro said...

you have a blog. so fun! we missed you this weekend!