Apr 1, 2009

Beth Moore Being Awesome

Beth Moore made this post on her blog this morning and I just thought it was a good follow up to my previous blog. I don't know about any of you, but lately I have had trouble controlling my thoughts and taking them captive. In fact they have been trying to take ME captive!

So, this post was such a great reminder to me for when I let my though wonder. It seems I am most vulnerable to wondering thoughts on my drive back from work .... so maybe I need to start memorizing some scripture....

Here is the part of Beth's post that I loved:

I’m also prone to mental defeat when the enemy has pitched me a great opportunity to obsess about something or to give way to fear and stress. Each of these represents perfect moments to turn to my Scripture memory. There are tons of things we COULD think about today but we have the power in Jesus’ Name to choose the things that edify our spirits and renew our minds. Remember, every defeat and every victory takes place on the battlefield of the mind before it erupts in the exterior life. Listen, Darling Things, we don’t have to let every mental struggle turn into a stronghold. We can successfully cut things off at the pass. And this is one huge way we do it.

You can find the rest of it at: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/

*Beth is one of those role models of mine that is femine to the max yet incredibley fierce!

No comments: