Apr 2, 2009

Dude ... Let's live in the NOW

My Life goal is to live for Jesus everyday. To get closer to Him everyday. To learn more about him everyday.

Life if just way more exciting when Jesus is the center of it.

Some of you might be thinking.... "thanks Jess, but we have all hear this before and life is still not that exciting". Well, yesterday while I was sitting at my desk learning about how oil rigs work and all that, I realized that if I put all my hope in Jesus everyday he will never disappoint me. For example we do not have to sit around hoping and looking forward to the next thing. Like - when will Friday come, when is my next vacation, when is my next promotion, when am I going to be able to upgrade everything I have, when am I going to be satisfied next...... and so on. With Jesus being my end all of end all - He makes everything more exciting and better because he gives me a purpose in HIS KINGDOM!

Jesus is just cool like that. When you depend on him for absolutely every bit of anything exciting and wonderful and cool in your life, He will actually never disappoint you. Now, Jesus can never be predicted because He never does anything the same - he is always keeping you guessing but also he never lets you down. At first it might just be little things like you got through the day and you are driving home from work and you are full of joy and excited about life. It could also be that you find yourself satisfied with the materialistic things in your life, and you find yourself to be actually grateful for the car that you have had forever and have always wanted to get rid of.

Every single day we live is a part of our destiny, and sometimes the most exciting part our destiny is learning how to live it on a daily basis. Which starts by focusing on today and letting God focus on tomorrow! And, ya know what? God will never ever plan a boring life for you. He is the creator of all things - all things good and awesome and fun. God will always be more creative and with it than us, so His plans for your life will always be on the cutting edge of what is going on in the world!

As you grow in becoming more dependent on Jesus then He starts to add things to your life that are really exciting, because he has learned that it is not the "things" that you are excited about - it is HIM!

So give up worrying about whats going to be, and learn to enjoy the NOW!!! By depending on Jesus for everything He will start to revitalize your life by revitalizing YOU!

Step OUT!

No comments: