Jul 9, 2010

El Yum: MMPs - Mustard Mashed Potatoes

Last night I did something epic.

On a whim and because I did not have any horseradish I put mustard into the mashed potatoes.


I had a craving for steak, so I marinated two big fat juicy new york strips.   I also happened to have some fingerling potatoes and some green beans.   I washed the fingerling potatoes and put them in water and boiled 'em up skin and everything.

For some reason I was craving horseradish yesterday, but there was none in a 15 mile radius around me so I had to come up with something.   Mustard was the something.

I added to my mashed fingerlings:
1 tbls of mustard (the grainy kind)
1/4 cup of sour cream
3-5 tbls of butter
1/3 cup of milk
salt and freshly ground pepper ( a lot)
2 dashes of garlic salt

The freshly ground pepper and the grainy mustard did something together.   Whatever it was, it was good.



No comments: