Mar 30, 2011

Rocket Science and the Art of Cleaning

My little business that I co-own with my soon-to-be sister in law Mikala, or Mikaykay, has taught me something about cleaning.

You see we teach people how to eat healthy, which often involves meal planning.   Unfortunately there is no secret key to getting healthy meals on your table.  It takes discipline, determination, a little strategy.  and eventually it becomes a habit.

BUT --- I have been waiting for this secret key to having a clean house, and of course I have not yet found it.  I would clean and then it would get messy again.   I kept thinking that somehow I would figure out the secret that clean people magically have and I too could boast of organization and cleanliness.

Recently while discussing with someone that meal planning is simply something that you must sit down and do I realized that this also applies to cleaning.

It was like I was Einstein who had just discovered a new law of physics.  
YOU MUST CLEAN ALL THE TIME, AND YOU SIMPLY HAVE TO JUST DO IT?
WHY???????



Jess

3 comments:

Jen said...

You most certainly do!! Things don't clean or put away themselves ;-)

Happy Monday Darling! xo

Sam W. said...

isn't it crazy?! laundry, trash, dishes, unmade beds...they all just never end :)

Sam W. said...

hey girl, just saw your comment. i teach at the downtown ymca and sometimes at the trotter ymca (near the galleria). right now i just teach cycle regularly but sometimes teach a strength and cardio intervals class. best workout accountability ever!