Mar 30, 2011

Going Home

This past weekend I helped throw a baby shower in College Station, and Chris had a trip planned with our group of friends to go to a hog wrestling tournament in Sabinal, Tx.  

Friday night I packed up the envoy with the puppy, my hair dryer, and a little mexican food from Escalantes and we headed to Magnolia.   Magnolia is the home of the barn, our previous home, and my parents house.   Christmas was the last time I had spent the night at my parents house, so I figured it was a good time to visit.

I got to my parents house well after dinner, so I brought my fajita salad in and sat at my parents huge kitchen table .  My mom and my soon to be sister in law sat with me as I ate.  My Dad and brothers sauntered in and out, and Giada got to play with her cousin Jack The Great Dane.  

Instead of staying in "my room" I stayed in the guest bedroom.  My mom had put clean sheets on the bed and had everything all prepared for me.

Growing up you have no idea how wonderful this is, but after having your own guest bedroom you understand what a wonderful treat it is to not have to pur your own sheets on the bed.

Saturday was whirlwind of errands and activity as me and my Mom prepared for the baby shower in College Station.   We got home late Saturday night and sat on the couch while my Dad made us both hot raspberry zinger tea.  

Saturday night I got to fully relax and enjoy being "home".   Sunday morning I slept late and woke up to my Dad making breakfast in the kitchen.   As I poured myself a cup of coffee I thought how wonderful it was to wake up to coffee and breakfast that I did not prepare for myself.    My entire family, with the exception of Chris who was very much missed, sat down for one of my Dad's famous breakfasts and had good conversation.  After breakfast my Mom and I went on a walk on the three mile loop in High Meadow Ranch.   Walking is my love language, so when people go on walks with me I feel really loved.

It was such a treat to be home.   After growing up and having a house of my own I felt totally pampered at my parents house.   Which is funny because I got that treatment for 18 years thinking it was totally normal and having no idea how much our parents did for us.  It was just good to go home and hang out with my family, so good I felt like I needed to blog about it.   My Dad's breakfasts have a tendency to do that to people :)

Jess

3 comments:

prothro said...

So pizza and a walk is kind of the ultimate date night huh?

Jessica said...

Oh yeah :) the very best!

Natalie said...

Love the post! And I know what you mean, I always feel pampered when we stay at our parents homes! Hope you're having a great week! I wanna hear more about the shower later.