Jun 8, 2010

What dreams are made of

Dreams are made up of amazingly designed and functional kitchens.   Kitchens that will house families.  Kitchens that inspire cooking.   Kitchens that keep families together.  Kitchens outfitted with the largest kitchen tables possible.   Forget that large dinning room table.   Put it in the kitchen.   Conversations will be started.  Lives will be changed.

I really like the idea of this kitchen:

I like this kitchen because it is organized functionally and not perfectly.   There is a MASSIVE difference.  Kitchens will stay clean if they are organized functionally, and cooking will be done with smiles and ease.    

I am not a perfectionist.   I am not an organizer.   I have fully embraced this about myself.   I always wanted to be one of those OCD perfectionist because everything they had and did was always so clean.  But as time told I realized that I was the opposite of this personality.   I like functional, comfortable, realistic organization.    

The kitchen pictured above is definitely not designed perfectly.   There needs to be some serious counter top space to the right and left of the gas stove.    But I love the feel of this kitchen.   Meals are made in this kitchen.  Family and friends gather and talk in this kitchen.

The wifie mama orchestrates the home from this kitchen.   It is awesome.   One day I will have my dream kitchen.  One day.

2 comments:

Kelley Ellis said...

Im diggin those floors and the backsplash. Lets build houses next to each other one day and live in each other's kitchens :)

Julie Prothro said...

Have you seen the baking drawers in PW's kitchen? Love.