Dec 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

The last two nights (for some unknown reason) I have been struggling to remain asleep beginning at sometime around 4ish in the morning.

This morning I managed to hack through it until sometime around 6:30, at which time I decided to bag it, get up, use my Christmas Eve iTunes Giftcards, drink some really good coffee, and enjoy the time leading up to the Jordan family Christmas this morning at 8.


If you're a friend of mine, you know that despite my occasionally gruff sounding, loud, excitable, and from time to time scruffy exterior there lies the heart of a big teddy bear.  This morning, the teddy bear is beating out the grizzly bear for the forefront of the mind's expression.

Lots of that would have to do with the fact that for whatever reason I woke up with this song in my head.

I am a sucker for that song.  Not particularly complicated.  Some would call it cheesy.  I really don't care.  I love it.

Lots of that love has to do with the fact that I have some really wonderful memories with my wife and that song.  Waltzing around the Chi-O parking lot, lying there this morning watching the sun come up on Christmas morning, driving around half of this state with her on wildly fun road trips.  I love how music brings memories and emotion into the most simple of things.

Another reason why the teddy bear is winning this morning is because I miss my family.  Yes, at the tender age of 24 I am experiencing the tears of my first Christmas away from home.  (My wife's came last year...she is way more brave and tough than I am.)  I miss you family.  Jess and I love our presents.  This has to be one of the most thoughtful sets of Christmas presents I have ever received - making this morning all the more difficult to be apart from you, Tige, the ranch, and the White Christmas that you are surrounded by.




Likely the final reason that I will disclose this morning for my teddy bear sneaking out this morning is that I am rather emotionally thinking about the gift of my Savior.  Wrapped as my presents but wrapped in a body of flesh, my Master became a man in order to die and bring me life.  Truthfully, it is difficult for me to talk or write about my Jesus without emotion springing into my eyes because He is the reason I am who I am.  He took away all of my hurt, bitterness, and sin setting me free to be who I always wanted to be - now for His Glory.  Fulfillment.

Merry Christmas, Friends.  God bless you on this most wonderful of days.

Mr. Hill

No comments: