Oct 20, 2009

Update: Puppy Tragedy 2009

Update: G GETS TO COME HOME!  WHOOP!  It is 3:45 and I am leaving in about 10 minutes to go get our little, baby puppy.  Pictures to follow courtesy of Randy Olive Photography.  THANKS, OLIVE FAMILY!

Mr. Hill


I mean, really.  How cute is that dog?  How does she so quickly become totally attached to my heart?  (Lord, help me when I have a kid!)

Sadly, very sadly actually, Little G did not come home with us last night!  :(

As I stood there last night with my little pink collar and Mossy Oak Breakup Camo leash to take the little girl home, I was totally distraught when I saw the SPCA guy come around the corner with the vet tech instead of my puppy.  I knew something was wrong.  She began to relay to me what had happened.

Apparently when they opened her up for her surgery, they found some bleeding in her abdomen (read: they probably nicked something).  They treated the bleeding, got it clotting, treated anything that could've caused the bleeding, and felt confident enough to go ahead and perform her surgery (No more babies, little puppy.  I would've greatly preferred to wait at least 6 months, but apparently in Houston it is a Class C Misdemeanor to take her out of the shelter without having her spayed.  Don't even get me started on how ridiculous that is.)

So, she had to stay at the SPCA, all bandaged up and sedated, over night for observation.  They are suppossed to call Jess's cell phone today (If they don't call by 10, they can expect a phone call from muah.) and let us know if we can pick her up today.

As I recovered (Yes, recovered.  For those of you who don't know me super well, I have a seriously soft teddy bear heart, just ask my wifey.) on my drive home and began to think through the situation, I felt kind of bad for the little vet tech.  It occurred to me that I was standing there with my hands on my hips, no smile, and the most stern look that a man my size can offer while listening to her; the whole while expecting to hear that G was gone.  I geniunely felt bad after that for likely scaring the crap out of the poor, little woman.

At any rate, I'll keep you up to date on how things go.  I think my wife and I are ready for something to go, "as planned" now, thanks.

Mr. Hill





"G"

No comments: