Oct 18, 2009

Point of View

So let's see how quickly I can describe what just happened here on our glorious Sunday morning.


Preface:
Yesterday we slept late. I got up before Jess, like I usually do, and went downstairs to turn on the coffee. After the coffee was made, I poured myself a cup of unadulterated morning awesomeness and began the process of concocting my wife's morning brew.

Sugar goes in the cup first, then the creamer...wait, where's that creamer?

I look on the top shelf of fridge with all of the other milk/breakfast liquid products. Nothing doing.

Hmmmm, think like your wife, Mr. Hill.

Literally picture me standing in front of the open refridgerator looking at the top shelf, but then ever so slightly (or maybe not so slightly) bending my knees to "squat" down to the height of my beautiful wife.

BINGO.

Right on her eye level shelf at the very back sits the majestic box of her "Silk" creamer.

I literally would never have seen it had I not done that.





Today's happening.

So Jess is making herself some coffee. We're kind of silly this morning.

I tell her how funny it was for me to find her creamer yesterday, as she's pulling it out.

I say, no really, check this out...I walk over to her, literally pick her up and say, "here's what I see." Then I set her down and proceed to tell her the rest of my Silk seeking saga. After we finished laughing about my ordeal, she goes, "I have such a better view of the fridge than you do!" There can be no argument on that point. I see the top shelf, and that's about it.

Life with someone you love is simply an excuse to make something fun out of looking for the creamer.

2 comments:

Randy Olive said...

Gosh, I love y'all!!

Annie said...

Umm Hello! Sweetest thing ever, and sweetest hubby ever!!