Sep 15, 2009

Anger resulting in no blogging

I confess the whole Acorn thing made me really angry last week.

I even wrote a whole blog about it, but I decided not to post it because I do not want to be really angry on the blog. Although, I do enjoy Chris and I's occasional political blogs I do not want to rant and rave unnecessarily - even though that might be the point of some blogs?

I decided that instead of being really angry that America has let Acorn be what it is [ I am sure we can find similar levels of grossness all across different organizations in America ] to instead do some volunteering in inner city Houston. I will also confess that I have not always been the best volunteer in life, and that is probably why Acorn was able to manifest itself all over inner cities across the nation [not that I am solely responsible]. So - I am going to do my part to start helping the poor and needy. We shall see how it goes - I promise to keep ya'll updated!

So - in order to not end all grumpy and what not about the state of America I am going to give a shout out to my friend Julie Prothro and her blog - she posted some great videos this morning! Click here ---- Please take a good long look at all her postings as she has done some great photography!

Much love blogging world :)

6 comments:

Whitney said...

The whole is sickening isn't it? I am just so thankful that we have a God who is all knowing and all powerful. I just remind myself that this world is not the end and that our "real home" will be free of nasty and corrupt politics. Thank you Jesus that he is in CONTROL! But girl I completely understand how you feel :)

Jessica said...

Thanks Whitney - that is really good reminder :)

prothro said...

Well you are so sweet. Thanks for the shout out. I know what you mean about the ACORN video. After I saw it, I was so angry I could have ranted all day without doing any real good. Glad you've resolved yourself to action. It's beautiful.

Whitney said...

ratHey girl! I was talking to my dad today about the whole ACORN ordeal and he said that there are 83 senators that want to stop funding the organization. I'm glad to see that some politicians still have somewhat of a moral compass no matter how small it may be :)

Whitney said...

ok so i didnt mean to write rat in the beginning of that comment! LOL the computer messed up when I was doing to word verification to post the comment! haha

Daniel W said...

i'm gonna present an alternative perspective here. blogging is a great way of Release. truly it is. take my word, i can't tell you how many times i was able to dispell frustration and anger by angrily typing and trying to organize thoughts for 'publication' (doesn't always work).

you can feel free to look at my archives and you'll find some good rants on there. its less likely that i'll have to keep it pent up inside, or that i'll have to let it come out when it probably shouldn't (timing-wise).

here's the honest truth: a fluffy, nicey, cutesy blog that is only those things, is a blog that is not dynamic.

you guys are doing a great job