Oct 19, 2008

Long Time

It has been a really long time since either of us have blogged! Life gets so crazy at times and sometimes takes a little "wrangling" to get it back in order.

Since I have begun working I have had to get used to a busy schedule - ya know - which I am sure none of you can relate to at all :). Do any of you ever wonder how all of our Moms did it; I wonder this all the time. How she was organized, had dinner ready, did laundry, loved us, talked to us, loved and talked to my Dad, worked, did bible studies, bought Christmas present, and on and on and on....

I am learning how to organize, clean, cook, plan, decorate, talk, love, work out, work, do laundry, grow up, be good at being married, be a good friend, daughter, sister, granddaughter - all the while learning how to prefer and adapt to the awesome man in my life during while learning all of these things. I am definitely not saying that my awesome hubby does not do SO MUCH for me and with me, it is just an adjustment to doing things for two. So, I know have such a tremendous respect my Mama who had four kids and did all these things for SIX people!

Anyways - I have said all of this to say - sometimes we get busy but we cannot let our busyness over take us - we must over take our busyness. In my mind I would like to think I am Winston Churchill during the war except I am fighting for a balanced life that glorifies Jesus and reflects being excellent and not busy!

On to say:

Chris and I would really like to start a discussion about marriage and how important and awesome it is. In our generation marriage is something that is easily tossed away and discarded, and that is a horribly tragedy that is having a terrible effect on our nation and on a lot of us individually. We realize that we have only been married a few short months but that does not mean we cannot encourage and build up the idea of marriage.

So if you have been hurt by divorce in any way shape or form you might want to follow along as Chris and I try to let the Lord have a voice about something he cares deeply about. I also want to comment that it might not resonate in you that you might of been hurt by divorce so I want to say it another way... Follow along if you are afraid of marriage or have doubts that marriage cannot be solid and full of amazing blessings. God designed marriage. He loves marriage. He is willing to fight for marriage. So, when you lay marriage at His feet He picks it up and molds it into a beautiful, loving, beneficial, fun, and growing relationship. When two people want marriage to work and are willing to let God be the center of their relationship, their marriage will have a strong foundation on which they can stand on.

We cannot promise to answer to everything or even chip the edge off the the idea. However, we can share our experiences and the wisdom we have found and the wisdom that has been given to us by people who have been married for a long, long time!

It is our heart to lift up the heart of anyone that is hurting because of divorce.

We want to share our lives with you, because we want you to see what God can do with two selfish, prideful, broken, hurt people who simply just want to glorify Him.

No comments: