Oct 2, 2008

Focus

I am impacted this morning (as my beloved wife is nearly continually) by the goodness of my God.

I have been a under-the-weather lately.  I have been working hard a lot lately.  I have felt like I wanted more from my time with the Lord.

I have felt inadequate to love and follow Him in the manner of His call on my life.  I see myself as the rageddly sinful man that I once was.  He sees me as the man who He has redeemed to be His son through the Son, Christ Jesus.

Somehow, once you get into God's presence, all these things change.  He is what matters.  He draws every bit of my attention away from what I see as my faults so that I can focus on loving and serving Him.  I really think that is key.  To be in His presence experiencing His enduring love...

2 Chron 5:11-14

11 And when the priests had come out of the Holy Place — for all the priests present had sanctified themselves, separating themselves from everything that defiles, without regard to their divisions; 

12 And all the Levites who were singers — all of those of Asaph, Heman, and Jeduthun, with their sons and kinsmen, arrayed in fine linen, having cymbals, harps, and lyres — stood at the east end of the altar, and with them 120 priests blowing trumpets; 

13 And when the trumpeters and singers were joined in unison, making one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and other instruments for song and praised the Lord, saying, For He is good, for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever, then the house of the Lord was filled with a cloud, 

14 So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God. 
AMP

His words to me this morning after a wonderful time of intimacy and worship were this, "You were making things too complicated again, Bubba.  Focus on Me."

I am then reminded of this verse that He has so often and sweetly taught me through:
Matt 6:33
33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.  
NASU

...saying, seek Jesus first, seek His kingdom.  Everything else will fall into place.  Not seek freedom from sin, seek wisdom about a job, seek nothing first but Jesus.


That question you are asking, "that's cool, Chris.  sounds great.  I have no flippin idea how to do that."

Tell Him that.  Do you think that scares Him?  He knows it already. :)  All that is for you is to ask and invite Him.  "Lord Jesus, I want all of You in my life.  I want you to be Master.  I want you to come and love me in the manner that no human can ever love me."

For every  Believer, that is the beginning of depth and intimacy with God.  I have found my whole life through that the more real I am to Him about my sin, my life, my desires, my thoughts, my hurt  - the more real He has become to me in every area of my life.

He must by King...not only Savior.  That is the narrow road.  That is life.  That is the most satisfying and painful and wonderful adventure that my heart has ever known.

txhill@gmail.com

Mr. Hill



No comments: