Feb 2, 2012

Waiting on a Baby

Hi :)

I am writing again and it just happens to be in the same week.  It is getting wild up in here :)

I made a point on facebook earlier today and thought I would expound on the blog.  

My baby hill is due to come sometime in February.  He has some days left on his lease on my tummy space.  I am not really willing to shout out the due date because I do not want to be hounded in case he is late.  But, as every new mom or pregnant woman wishes - I just kind thought my little Hill bear might come early.    I naturally planned to be done with my to-do list by February 1st.  

What I totally neglected to consider was that when February 1st rolled around, and little man hill was still enjoying his time inside my tummy, that I would go absolutely stir crazy and would want to completely forgo being a productive member of society.   A restlessness has settled over our house hold as I have started to realize that I still must cook, clean, wear makeup, sleep, breath, do taxes, pay bills, and walk the dog.  

On top of this realization that I am not in control of my body or time or anything is the fact that my hormones are like raging wildebeest (those large hairy african animals things).

Let's do some math.

Wildebeest hormones + Restlessness + large pregnant woman + skewed expectations =  Mass pandemonium inside this here Hill House.

So - two days into this I have decided that I cannot live like this for the next while.  I cannot become an irrational moron.   I have decided that I am allowed to cry and then move on, thanks to some advice from my midwife.   In some way typing this out on the blog makes it more final.   So there hormones and skewed expectations I am moving on and refuse to be abused by you.








Jess

No comments: