Dec 20, 2008

Cinderella Man

Ok seriously.  Have you all seen this movie?  It came out about 2-3 years ago...Russell Crowe is the main actor.

I think it might be the most fantastic movie about being a man that I have ever seen.

I'm not talking about being a man like Rambo - running around and blowing things up and killing people - I'm talking about what it takes to be the leader of your home in the middle of crisis.  Fighting (literally in his case) for what you believe in - Family.

For those who haven't seen the movie, it's incredible.  Russell Crowe is a very sucessful boxer who loses everything in the Great Depression.  He then has his boxing go South when he runs into a string of injuries and loses his liscence to box - and his way to feed his family.

The movie does an incredible job of protraying the desperation, pain, and struggle of the poverty that they lived through in the Great Depression.  

I'll be honest, I think I cried more the first time that I saw this movie than in any other movie that I've ever seen.  I just couldn't help it.  Time and time again throughout this movie I was just so impacted by the extraordinary action ofRussell Crowe's character.  His self-sacrificing and humbling steps that he takes to keep his family together and keep his word are truly moving.

Ladies, lest you think the movie leaves you uninspired, Renee Zellweger gives a performance that will leave you challenged about how you stand by your man.  She delivers one monologue near the end of the movie that should be enough to make any man cry.

Go see the movie.  It's worth your time.

No comments: